Monday, September 28, 2009

1. In class this week I learned that when you shine a certain shape of light through a small hole,due to the fact that it needs to flip its self to fit through it comes out on the wall upside down. I learned these ideas in class when we did the exeriment and shined the light bulb through.It is important to know this in the real world so that if you take a picture with a camera you know why it takes it upside down.

2. The camera works like the candle experiment by the fact that when the flash comes out of the small hole and flis upside down taking the picture upside down but hte camera prints it right side up. I learned this when we had a disscusion in class and came to this conclusion. It is important to know this because now just like in number 1 I will know why a camera takes a picture upside down and prits it right side up.

3. And last but not least I learned that certain surfaces have different levels of reflectivness such as water and wood. I learned this when we began an experiment where my group shined the lazer pointer on many surfaces in the room and gave their reflectiveness a rating of 1-5. It is important to know this because now I know why a mirror will be more reflective than a wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment